How to Upload and Add Product Images to your Shopiry store in depth
Once you have built your online store with Shopify, the first step will be to register your products. We recommend to import the product CSV file for registering product data in bulk, but how should we add product images? This article will show you how to upload and add product images to the Shopify store for those who have such questions.
By the way, we, Marketdive, are currently developing a Shopify app to add product images in bulk, which is scheduled for release in September 2022. We will post an introduction on the top page when it is released. Please look forward to it!
Note: Please refer to our past article on how to register your products if you are planning to do so.
This article is recommemded to those who;
・are planning to build an online store with Shopify, and
・are having trouble with how to register product images in your Shopify store
How to Add via Products admin. page
First, we will show you how to add product images from the Products administration page.
This method is recommended for stores with a small number of products and images.
(1) Open the top of the administration page and click on "Products". Then select the product for which you would like to register images.
(2) Click "Add" at the media and select an image, or drag and drop the image you would like to register in the frame.
(3) Sort the product images in the order you would like to display them.
(4) Click on the image icon in the "Variant" column and select the corresponding variation image.
Note: This step is only for if the product image is different for each variation.
How to upload and add in bulk with the product CSV file
Next, we will show you how to upload image files in bulk and match them to each product using the product CSV file.
This method is recommended for stores with a large number of products and images.
(1) Open the top of the administration page and click "Settings" at the lower left.
(2) Click "Files" at the lower left and click "Upload files" from the screen that opens.
You will see the screen below if images are uploaded successfully. You can register up to 200 images once.
(3) Click the link symbol in the "Link" column to obtain the URL of each image.
(4) Paste the image URL into the product CSV file and upload the CSV file
This completes the registration of the product image.
Please refer to the following article, which details how to create and import product CSV files.
The image URL obtained here can also be used to specify the image when registering the product image by the aforementioned method. Please try that as well.
By the way, in Shopify's standard feathre, the image URL registered in the file is issued like below.
This URL has the following rule:
”https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/Specific number desigunated to each Shopigy store/files/Image file name?v=Automatically assigned parameter”
This automatically assigned parameter is randomly assigned for each registration process.
You must get the above parameters one by one in order to enter image URLs in the product CSV file and upload them in bulk. However, it is not practical to use the CSV to add images in bulk, as it is very time consuming to retrieve the parameters of all images.
How to combine product images to product pages in bulk with the Shopify app (To be released in Sep 2022)
To streamline the product image registration, we, Marketdive, are currently developing a Shopify application that allows to combine uploaded images to each product in bulk by entering only the image file names in the CSV file.
This app will be released in September 2022.
Stores managers and online store buiders that have to add a lot of product images will save enourmous man-hours.
We will announce the release on this website when it is available, so please install the application and give it a try.
Please email to "email@example.com" if you have any inquery about this article and/or the Marketdive.
執筆者プロフィール - Author Profiles
Takashi Sawada (Mr.)
President of Marketdive (planned) and Shopify Partner
He is a strategy/management/IT consultant working for a world-leading consulting firm. He had worked for a major engineering company and the Embassy of Japan in Indonesia until joining the current firm.
He has expertise on IT consulting, Project Management and App Development Managemet.
He has statuses of web marketing such as Google Ads and LINE.
Ren Kobe (Mr.)
Vice President of Marketdive (planned) and Shopify Partner
After working for a major apparel company and web advertising agency, he established his own EC business company and reached approx. $1 million revenue in the 4th year. He has sold the business and now working as a freelance web marketer.
His most recent achievement is that he has increased his client’s EC business revenue four times larger in one year.
最新の記事 - Recent Articles
- Shopify management2023.03.28[Shopify] Types and Features of Image Formats that can be Uploaded in Store, and Best Shopify App for it
- Shopify apps2023.03.07Top 15 Best Shopify Apps: Essensial apps you should install now
- Shopify apps2022.10.07Recommended Shopify apps to customize transition destinations based on survey responses - Contents marketing on Shopify
- Shopify management2022.10.07How much does it all cost? Summary of Shopify store initial and running costs
“How to Upload and Add Product Images to your Shopiry store in depth” に対して1件のコメントがあります。